Equity in Education for All
Long Island Immigrant Student Advocates (LIISA) Founded in 2010 is a non-for-profit organization committed towards equality and the right to a higher education for all students, regardless of immigration status.
Our purpose is to educate, empower and engage youth, educators and the community to take action and create a stronger, more diverse leadership movement on Long Island.
- Promote education to immigrant students as the most important value for their personal developmen
- Increase level of immigrant students graduating from high schools and achieving their professional studies.
- Support any kind of efforts to have equality in the U.S. educational system for all immigrant youth.
- Raise funds to provide scholarships for immigrant students regardless of their immigration status.
- Conduct youth leadership development and empowerment programs.